December 24, 2013

Day 24 - Christmas Day, planned around food and drink,

Just done the final shopping at the Root Cellar.  I started in Planet Organic, and realized that I could get everything I wanted for less just down the road.  So packed the veg back on the shelf, jumped in the car and headed to a surprisingly quiet shop.

So here's my plans for tomorrow (eating and drinking wise).  It might well change, as it's a solo Christmas this year, and the bonus of that is I can change my mind on a whim.

Breakfast

1 Mount Royal Bagel, toasted with butter
3 Free range eggs Scrambled with shrimp, pepper.
Dad's West Coast Wildfire Awesome Sauce on the side (thanks to an early Christmas present from the Brunnette of my aquainttance)
A Large Coffee and a skype home to the family in the UK, who'll be thinking about Christmas Dinner

Christmas Dinner

A bottle of Driftwood's Lustrum Sour Ale.

Christmas Dinner, part two

A roast free range Chicken from the Village Butcher (see Day 21)
The last of the home grown potatoes, roasted
The last of the home grown kale, butter cooked with leeks
Rainbow carrots
A jug of gravy

Christmas Mid-afternoon Drink

A Winter Ale from Lighthouse, from the beer advent calendar.

Christmas Supper

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
Snack on left over chicken
Start making Chicken Soup.

Christmas Late Night

Either a glass of AnCnoc Whiskey or a big mug of Horlicks.

In between eating and cooking and drinking and cooking, there will be several episodes of TV shows I've not watched yet and a couple of hours noodling around on computer games that I've not touched in a while.  A nicely wasted day, I feel.




No comments:

Post a Comment