December 01, 2013

Day 1 - The Challenge

My friend, runner and sometime blogger, Andrea challenged me to write something every day into this blog. That's hard as I try to write about eating out and going out in Victoria.  I don't do that every day, and as you may have noticed, blog-faded.  Noticeably after a particularly bad meal I lose the will to write.

That said, up for a challenge, and its seems like a good idea to stretch my writing muscles again, and try to write something about food, drink and Victoria everyday.  My secret weapon is the Craft Beer Advent Calendar.  

Last years had a variety of German and Belgian beers.  Each window was a bottle of beer. Open it in the morning, chill it during the day, enjoy in the evening.  Or at least that's what they suggest.  I stored up several beers for later, and still had tasty treats a month or two into the new year. Some were less tasty than others, but all decent. It's a good way to try new beers, and especially so this year, as the calendar has beers from Canada, the US and Mexico... so much easier to find the beer again should I like it.  This morning's is a Maple Porter from Nickel Brook.  It's 10am here, so I haven't cracked it yet so can't comment. But it's in the fridge for later.

Otherwise from talking about an advent calendar, I do have a few short reviews of places I have been I can share. 

Andrea's Blog is Misadventures, Musings and Rants. I have no idea what she'll write about.  I have guesses, but don't want to predict it wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment