September 21, 2014

Stone's Throw, Downtown Victoria

Sometimes, I go to a place and have very little to say about it.

The Stone's Throw is something like that.  It's just a place to get breakfast.  It has triangle buns for it burgers.  Apart from that, there's nothing unique about the place that I could discern. Located in down town Victoria in the Best Western, it once was a De Dutch crepe house.  Now it's a locally owned and operated place serving food all day.

The space is large, functional and nondescript.  I have nothing interesting to say about it.  Our server was bright and smiling. I have nothing more interesting to say about her. Our menu was short and had a half dozen breakfast options and four Eggs Benny options.  I have nothing more interesting to say about it.

I settled for the two egg breakfast, and lashings of coffee.  The coffee was hot and coffee flavoured. The eggs were scrambled and pretty tasty, and the best part of the meal.  The toast was dry, but pre-buttered, and the potatoes were crunchy. Not in a bad way.  Just crispy.  The sausages were a good example of a breakfast sausage.  Lightly herbed but on the small side.  The Brunette of my Acquaintance reported enjoying her bean burrito.  One eggs benedict was eaten, and I think half it came home with the eater. I hope he ordered his eggs hard.  If he didn't, they missed.  Other people had other food.  They may have said something about it, but if they did, it was lost in the general conversation.  As I had a pleasant conversation, and could hear everyone, that's a big plus point.

I also ordered a side of pancakes.  Now, these were big, fluffy and soaked up the butter and syrup well.  I'd order these again with bacon and eggs.  If I ended up in the Stone's Throw again.  Which is unlikely. Not because it was bad.  It's just average.  I wouldn't recommend it and expect huge congratulations for a good choice.  But I would go there if passing early one morning with a half a dozen people and we wanted feeding.  No queue, okay faire, decent price.

But you know, even then, I might think about walking down to the Sour Pickle.

Stone's Throw on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment